This camera is in mint condition and comes complete with it's software.
Details from the web:
- The StarShoot Pro V2.0 is a 6.1-megapixel CCD astronomical imaging camera capable of taking high resolution astrophotographs for a low price
- Astronomy camera attaches to a telescope to take stunning astrophotographs you'll want to hang on your wall and share with friends or fellow astronomy club members
- The on-board 6.1-megapixel Sony CCD sensor measures 25.10mm x 17.64mm and features a 3032 x 2016 pixel array for sharp astrophotograph resolution
- Thermoelectric cooling (TEC) and an adjustable on-board cooling fan minimizes background noise for clear and sharply detailed astrophotographs
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, and 7 Operating Systems (32 bit and 64 bit). ASCOM drivers are available for use with a number of popular image processing programs, such as Nebulosity, ImagesPlus, and more
The Orion StarShoot Pro V2.0 Deep Space Color CCD imaging Camera provides professional astrophotography performance at a picture-perfect affordable price.
The StarShoot Pro V2.0 boasts refined features and imaging functionality usually found in CCD cameras offered at much higher prices.
Our enhanced Orion StarShoot Pro V2.0 Deep Space Color CCD camera brings cooled, multi-megapixel color imaging into the realm of never-before-seen affordability.
Its Sony 6.1-megapixel color Charge Coupled Device (CCD) chip boasts a 3032 x 2016 pixel array in a 25.10mm x 17.64mm format.
That gives the Pro 6.5 times the image area and over four times the pixels as similarly priced astrophotography CCD cameras. In fact, it uses the same chip found in cameras costing thousands more! The Pro’s square 7.8 micron pixel size provides an excellent balance between high resolution and sensitivity. With some cameras in cooler weather conditions, condensation can form on the surface of the optical window, due to the temperature of the optical window being affected by the cooled CCD. Our enhanced design prevents this by virtue of increased distance between the CCD chip and the optical window. You get detail-rich shots with enough resolution to make large format color prints!
The Orion StarShoot Pro V2.0 is thermoelectrically cooled to dramatically reduce thermal noise. A small fan on the back enhances cooling efficiency even more. Now, thermoelectric cooling can be manually shut off via software control, to eliminate dew in extreme outdoor conditions. The new software control also enables fan speed regulation. The Pro’s 16-bit dynamic range gives it a leg-up on most Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) cameras, which offer 10- to 14-bit A/D conversion. Made in Canada, the StarShoot Pro V2.0 also features 2x2 binning and high-speed USB 2.0 connectivity for speedy astroimage downloading. Power is supplied via a single 12-volt DC cigarette lighter plug on a 10 foot cable. All this comes neatly packed in a custom hard carrying case.
Maxim DL Essentials software is included with the Orion StarShoot Pro V2.0 Deep Space Color CCD Imaging Camera, providing everything you need to capture and process your astrophotos. MaxIm DL Essentials presents an easy interface for focusing, capturing images, dual camera control for imaging and autoguiding, batch processing, dark frame and flat field calibration, image stacking, and more.
ASCOM drivers are available for the Orion StarShoot Pro V2.0 Deep Space Color CCD Imaging Camera for use with a number of other popular image processing programs, such as Nebulosity, ImagesPlus