In superb used condition and is the perfect size for most astronomy needs because it remains portable despite the large aperture!
This is a local delivery or collection only item at this price so please choose COD in checkout rather than paying online if you decide to purchase. I can delivery further afield but please contact to discuss personal delivery option.
This is not for sale internationally!
Details from the web below:
The Celestron C9.25” is already a favourite among astrophotographers and discerning visual observers and offers 33% more light gathering than the 8" model. The CPC 925 GPS was specifically designed for visual infinity focus when using 2" eyepieces and has an optimized baffle system to benefit astrophotography by minimizing vignetting at the edge of the field of view. Its longer primary focal length and lower magnification secondary mirror contribute to a flatter field of view at the focal plane and helps to further reduce optical aberrations.
- 9.25" diffraction limited Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerized dual fork arm altazimuth mount
- 8x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Convenient remote hand control holder - Allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider, GPS accessory
- NexRemote telescope control software and rs-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
What makes the CPC 925 GPS great for astrophotography?
• Longer focal length primary and lower magnification secondary— Contributes to a flatter focal plane with less coma and off-axis astigmatism.
• Baffle design —Optimized for astrophotography. Minimizes vignetting at the edge of the field of view. This reduces light drop off at the corners of your film plane.
• Hand Figured Optics — Just like all other Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes, the CPC 925 GPS optics are individually matched and hand figured to ensure the highest optical quality in every telescope.
• Focus mechanism — At the heart of Celestron's Schmidt-Cassegrain focus mechanism are pre-loaded ball bearings, not bushings, minimizing focus shift.
• Heavy-duty die cast aluminum fork arms —For maximum rigidity.
• Unique roller bearing design bearing and shaft —The telescope base rotates around a wide 9.5” track for maximum stability; especially important when equatorially mounted for imaging.
• Autoguider port — For interfacing an autoguider or a drive corrector for long exposure imaging or astrophotography.
• StarBright XLT coatings — High quality multi-layer coatings maximize transmission of light to the film plane.